[Zope] Advice on Discussion-based products

J. Atwood jatwood@bwanazulia.com
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 08:20:42 -0400

Hi Alexander,

Those are a couple different requirements. In order to discuss based
on the review/rating I would say go for the PTK which I *think* has
that type of thing built in. You could also use a  modified Squishdot.

The other discussion type sounds a lot like ZDiscussions (Confera is
the old ZD). I have been messing around with the code for the last
week trying to bring it back to where most discussion boards are
today (Phorum, UBB, WWWBoard etc) and "boring" bits of all of them.

If you want to look at an example try this...

http://209.219.93.106/kenya/discussions/test/

Feel free to post, reply, etc if you want (yes.. anyone can.. if you
want).  Comments on the how the board works would be great too.

I will be sending back my changes to Mike to see if he wants to put
them into the redistribution of the package.

In the long run I will be building ZUBB (Zope Ultimate Bulletin
Board) which I have started to outline here..

http://www.zope.org/Members/BwanaZulia/ZUBB

This will be much more like UBB (duh!) but will have all of the
ability of Zope as well as have a database backend.