[Zope] IsDaZope: a Zope checker and relauncher

Jason Spisak 444@hiretechs.com
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 22:09:24 GMT

You want to hang your Zope?

Create this DTMLMethod inside a ZClass that inherits from nothing:

<dtml-in "_.range(0, 105, 5)">
  <option value="<dtml-var "_.float(_['sequence-item'])/1000">">
   <dtml-var "_.float(_['sequence-item'])/10">%
  </option>
</dtml-in>

Don't ask.

Make sure there are leading spaces in front of the <option> lines just like
above.

I just found out that this does it everytime on 2.1.6.
Funny how a hanging bug is a good thing sometimes.

All my best,

Jerome ALET writes:

> Hi there,
>
> Because I was hurt by the Zope hanging problem, and
> because I wanted to contribute something back to the
> Zope community, I've written a python script which
> can periodically check if your Zope server is still
> serving requests correctly, and restart it if it's not
> the case.
>
> It's called IsDaZope and you can get it as a tar+gzip file,
> as well as a document which explains how to use it, at:
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/jerome
>
> Unfortunately, Murphy's law has hurt me too: my
> Zope served has not hanged today so I was unable to test
> my program in this situation. I hope it will hang tomorrow ;-)
>
> I've tested it when manually shutting down Zope, and it works
> fine: it can detect this situation and restart Zope.
>
> You can also use isdazope to detect if a particular HTTP
> server seems to be a Zope server or not.
>
> In order for isdazope to work correctly you should:
>
>         - read the documentation and use the correct
>           arguments for your situation on the command line
>
>         - launch it AFTER having launched Zope. I suggest you
>           launch it in the background.
>
> isdazope is distributed under the Gnu General Public License.
>
> Please feel free to send me any feedback, especially if you
> find this software useful or too buggy.
>
> Enjoy.
>
> Jerome Alet

Jason Spisak