[Zope] Folders, one more time!!

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 14:59:48 +0200

Pierre Rougier wrote:

> Hi,
> There is a lot of questions about Folders on the list in our days..... I
> got one too... ;^)
> I would like to make a SpecialFolder, with its own methods and objects.
> I tried doing it by using products and ZFactories, but I do not manage
> to insert my special Folders as a normal Folder in the hierarchy Zope..
>
> Is there a simple way to do it, I mean having my SpecialFolder in the
> Add list, and when adding it, inserting it in the zope hierarchy as a
> Folder which can be managed, with object by default.

You'd best make a ZClass, subclassing from Folder. You can add any (well
many) other behaviour stuff to it you like. In Zope hierarchy it will
behave exactly like a normal folder and it will be added to the product
Add list.

> (I hope I have been clear.... but not sure)!

Perhaps... If my answer was on target, you were ;-)

> Pierre
>
> PS: can I find somewhere the list of DTML functions (as
> manage_addProduct and such functions...)

see the Zope Quick Reference @ http://zdp.zope.org/projects/zqr

Rik