[Zope] Database maintenance issues

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:34:54 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01BFAFBE.E36FA9BA

Hi all,

I've had some interesting database maintenance behavior.  When I go to the
control panel, Database Management, and "Pack" items older than 100 days,
then restart zope, zope doesn't restart.  python just sucks up an entire cpu
(dual cpu server, NT).  If I Pack older than 5 days, and restart, all is
well and zope comes right back.    Note my database is probably about 2
months old, although it's gone through several installations of zope,
starting with 2.1.3, on linux and NT.  It seems if I Pack items older than
the database, I corrupt the db some how.  I'm running 2.1.6 on NT with sp5.
Any thoughts?

Thanks - Scott

------_=_NextPart_001_01BFAFBE.E36FA9BA

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2448.0">
<TITLE>Database maintenance issues</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hi all,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I've had some interesting database maintenance =
behavior.&nbsp; When I go to the control panel, Database Management, =
and &quot;Pack&quot; items older than 100 days, then restart zope, zope =
doesn't restart.&nbsp; python just sucks up an entire cpu (dual cpu =
server, NT).&nbsp; If I Pack older than 5 days, and restart, all is =
well and zope comes right back.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Note my database is =
probably about 2 months old, although it's gone through several =
installations of zope, starting with 2.1.3, on linux and NT.&nbsp; It =
seems if I Pack items older than the database, I corrupt the db some =
how.&nbsp; I'm running 2.1.6 on NT with sp5.&nbsp; Any =
thoughts?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks - Scott</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>