[Zope] Zope's scalability across multiple web servers

Bostick, Aaron Aaron.Bostick@exodus.net
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 19:01:08 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01BFAFDC.17CF0F68

I am in the process of designing a web site that will handle the load of a
nationally advertised web site.  I am considering using Zope over
Pervavsive's Tango2000 or Vignette's StoryServer as an application server.

What I would like to know is if there are any easy ways to replicate the
ZODB information across web servers if I am running a web farm?  In other
words,  I plan to have multiple identical web servers sitting behind a load
balancing appliance so that incoming requests can be sent to any of the web
servers.  Obviously, the web servers must contain the same data for this to
be of any use.  If I plan to run a web server and the zope engine on each
"web server", how can i replicate changes to all my servers to keep them
synced.

Would something as simple as a recursive copy work for this?

This is not something that will have to be done in real time.  Something
simple like a batch job would suffice.  Other than the database content, the
HTML stuff will remain relatively static.

Please excuse my ignorance on Zope.  I haven't had the chance to set it up
yet and am still in a preliminary design phase.

Thanks for any helpful hints regarding this matter!

Aaron Bostick
Exodus Communications

------_=_NextPart_001_01BFAFDC.17CF0F68

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DUS-ASCII">
5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>Zope's scalability across multiple web servers</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I am in the process of designing a web site that will =
handle the load of a nationally advertised web site.&nbsp; I am =
considering using Zope over Pervavsive's Tango2000 or Vignette's =
StoryServer as an application server.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>What I would like to know is if there are any easy =
ways to replicate the ZODB information across web servers if I am =
running a web farm?&nbsp; In other words,&nbsp; I plan to have multiple =
identical web servers sitting behind a load balancing appliance so that =
incoming requests can be sent to any of the web servers.&nbsp; =
Obviously, the web servers must contain the same data for this to be of =
any use.&nbsp; If I plan to run a web server and the zope engine on =
each &quot;web server&quot;, how can i replicate changes to all my =
servers to keep them synced.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Would something as simple as a recursive copy work =
for this?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>This is not something that will have to be done in =
real time.&nbsp; Something simple like a batch job would suffice.&nbsp; =
Other than the database content, the HTML stuff will remain relatively =
static.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Please excuse my ignorance on Zope.&nbsp; I haven't =
had the chance to set it up yet and am still in a preliminary design =
phase.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks for any helpful hints regarding this =
matter!</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Aaron Bostick</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Exodus Communications</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01BFAFDC.17CF0F68--