[Zope] Passing values to a ZClass method in DTML?

Kevin Howe khowe@performance-net.com
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 15:21:51 -0300

I've just finshed up V3 of the ActiveImage Product and want to add a method
which will allow overriding arguments to be passed in the dtml similar to a
ZOPE Image's ".tag" function.

ex:
<dtml-with myActiveImage>
  <dtml-var "tag( link='http://domain' )">
</dtml-with>

The above would render the object as it normally would, but would use the
given "link" value rather than the object's  property value for "link".

My problem is I that when an object method is called this way, the entire
REQUEST of the object is replaced, denying accessing to the object's
Property values and Methods. If I were to try <dtml-var id> it wouldn't work
because that property (id) wasn't supplied in the var tag.

I'm looking to only replace the properties given in the var tag, leaving
everything else untouched.

How can this be done?

Thanks,
kh