[Zope] ZODBCDA and Access 2000

Andrew Williams ajwms@visto.com
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 06:25:01 -0700

When I first started with Zope I was pulling information
out of a temporary mySQL database for experimentation and
putting it into a <table>.  Everything worked fine for the
database fields which had null values <dmtl-var field1
null="&nbsp;">

I then downloaded ZODBCDA to start pulling off of an Access
2000 database which has the live data I need to display.

I ran across a curious bug/feature? in regards to ZODBCDA
and Access 2000.  When I use the <dtml-var field1
null="&nbsp;">, Zope wouldn't recognize null values from
Access.  I checked and double checked that the field values
were actually null in Access.

I ended up having to switch my dtml-method to:
<dtml-if field1>
<dtml-else>
</dtml-if>

instead of the old way.  Is this a problem with ZODBCDA,
Access, or better yet me?

I know Access is not the database I should be using for the
data, but one thing at a time.

Thanks for any info,

Andrew
Visit http://www.visto.com/info, your free web-based communications center.