[Zope] dtml-tree question

Jonothan Farr jfarr@real.com
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 18:19:09 -0700

> Jonothan Farr wrote:
> > Is it because the document is at the top of the namespace stack instead of
the
> > request object in the dtml document case, but not in the dtml method case?
>
> Hurm, thinking for the right words and I think(?) namespace is the right
> one.
>
> Anyway, DTML documents have one and DTML methods don't.
>
> Hence your tree tag is using the DTML documents namespace, which has
> nothing in it apart from the properties of the document.

I don't think that's entirely accurate. There's a lot more in the namespace of a
DTML document. I think you're right, though, in that it's a namespace issue. I
found that the results of the SQL query where not part of the namespace in the
DTML Document case, but they were in the DTML Method case. Here's how I got it
working:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>

<dtml-tree
branches_expr="select_subprojects(project_id=REQUEST.get('project_id',0)
id=project_id>

  <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('project_id', project_id)">

  <small><a
href="edit_project?project_id=&dtml-project_id;">edit</a></small>&nbsp;

project_name></a>&nbsp;</td>

</dtml-tree>

<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

In other words, I have to explicitly get the parameter from the result object
and pass it back into the sql query. What I'd like to know is why? Is this a bug
or a feature?

Thanks,
--jfarr