[Zope] LoginManager / Membership: WTFM (Where's the...)

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 20:32:35 -0600

Danny William Adair wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I've successfully installed current releases of ZPatterns, LoginManager and
> "Membership". This Membership product comes up with some nice high level
> methods / forms for the common procedures, but still doesn't help me with my
> basic LoginManager question: How do I add users? I can see there's a
> UserSource, and its property sheet "storage" says something about
> "LoginUser"s (resp. "LoginMember"s), and that they are to be "stored
> persistently", "directly in this object". Now how does this happen?
>
> (I would like to put my users in a gadfly db, because they are <500, but not
> ZODB because too many transactions will happen)
>
> What am I supposed to do?

First: Remember that all of the above are either _alpha_ or beta, AFAIK. IOW, not aimed at
production/still in development.

That will make the rest of it come into perspective, and help keep blood pressure form
spiraling ;^)

Next:
For membership, you add members by 'joining the site'. That is what Membership's intent
is, so of course it won't provide documentation on how to do the above.

To use your gadfly db for users would mean you need to write a Usersource fo rLogin
Manager that would do this. Membership, and the default LoginManager stuff does not (yet)
do this. For details on how to do this see
http://www.zope.org/Members/tsarna/LoginManager/Help/API.txt
and post questions on this to zope-dev, since that is the appropriate list.

Bill Anderson