[Zope] Bi-directional update of Data.fs

Otto Hammersmith otto@ipass.net
Wed, 02 Aug 2000 14:53:09 -0400

Bill Anderson wrote:

[snip]

> Hmm ... howzabout this for an idea, at least:
>
> Since the Data.fs is appended to, and that your disconnected version
> is canonical, why  couldn't you basically look for the last common
> transaction, and append all transactions in the canonocial to the
> main one?
>
> Bill
> (thinking this might need to be moved to dev ...)

Because my disconnected Data.fs very well may not be canonical.  If it
were, then a simple scp Data.fs server:/path would do the trick.  Bonus
points for rsync which would probably result in the last n bytes being
appened, all without using any knowledge about ZODB transactions.

Merging changes is the tricky part.

I'm wondering if the easiest way to do it now wouldn't be Coda and maybe
logically separated mounted ZODB databases.

				-Otto.