[Zope] "indirection" problem

David Coe davidc@debian.org
02 Aug 2000 22:41:49 -0400

I *think* you've stumbled upon the way _.getitem behaves by default:

(from the DTML reference)

  getitem(name,flag)   Lookup a name in the namespace. If the value is
                       callable and the flag is true, then the result
                       of calling the value is returned, otherwise the
                       value is returned. flag defaults to false.

so "_.getitem(file, 1)" will probably do what you want.  But that's
also basically the same as <dtml-var file> -- did that not work for
you?