[Zope] Confusing aq - I don't get it, anyone know why?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 23:11:07 +0200 (CEST)

Brad Clements writes:
 > ... Name Error in called DTML method ....

 > <dtml-var "FormatColumnTable(columnlist=packagecolumns,obj=GetSelf(),notable=1)">

Here, you break the namespace propagation!

As a general rule:

  If you call a DTML object explicitely (i.e. inside "..."),
  then *always* use "_.None" (or an object or object tuple)
  and "_" as the first two positional parameters.
  Only after these two, use your parameters as keyword
  parameters.

  If you do not, you break the namespace propagation
  (passing the "_" down to your called DTML object).

If you use the DTML object outside "..." (or in _[...]), then
the DTML magic does automatic propagation.
Inside "...", you must do it explicitely.

Dieter