[Zope] Re: ZODBC and Zope as a service`

Jim Sanford jsanford@atinucleus.com
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 10:32:02 -0500

Thanks for the feedback.

we've been running Zope 2.1.2 from the start bat and so far
I have not had to run into the office to restart it in the
middle of the night.

I was hoping to not have to keep running it that way.

Jim ----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Nosal" <stephennosal@e3mil.com>
To: <jsanford@atinucleus.com>
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2000 10:13 AM
Subject: Re: ZODBC and Zope as a service`

Jim -

I never got it to work as a service and got no help from the
list. Since it was a test machine, I just ran it as a
startup file.

I was hoping it would go away in 2.2, but I guess not.

Good luck, and let me know if a solution is found.

(I'm moving my production box to Linux and having a bit more
luck there).

- Steve

On Wed, 02 August 2000, "Jim Sanford" wrote:

> Read a post you did in may on the subject of problems with
ZODBC and Zope running as a service on Windows.

> I am having similar problems with Zope 2.2 and ZODBCDA
3.1.0b2. When i start it manually with the start.bat my ZSQL
methods work
> fine. When I start it as a service, every ZSQL method  has
an SQL error where it says the table I am looking for does
not exist.

______

>               Jim Sanford
>       .       Database Engineer
>      / \  /   Accelerated Technology, Inc.
>     /   /     720 Oak Circle Drive East
>    /  /  \    Mobile, AL 36609
>   / /     \   Voice: 334-661-5770  fax: 334-661-5788
>  /         \  E-Mail: jsanford@atinucleus.com
>               Web: http://www.atinucleus.com
>
>  Nucleus.  All You NEED in an RTOS.  Royalty Free

______

______
Get your Private, Anti-Spam, Free Email at http://e3mil.com
and Step into a Friendly Universe!