[Zope] Re:[Zope]compile ZPoPyDA product problem (continued)

Stephen Nosal stephennosal@e3mil.com
4 Aug 2000 11:51:33 -0700

Federico -

I downloaded PoPy-1.3.3.tgz and I'm running into the following problems:

PostgreSQL was compiled from 7.0.2 source from ftp.postgresql.org

Run as root:
root@fastclose:/opt/src/PoPy > ./autogen.sh --with-postgres-libraries=/opt/pgsql/lib --with-postgres-includes=/opt/pgsql/include

Results:
>creating cache ./config.cache
>checking for python... /usr/bin/python
>checking python version... 1.5
>checking python installation prefix... /usr
>checking python installation exec_prefix... /usr
>checking definitions in Python library makefile... >done
>checking location of python library... >$(prefix)/lib/python1.5/site-packages
>checking location of python shared modules... >$(exec_prefix)/lib/python1.5/site-packages
>checking for PQconnectStart in -lpq... no
>configure: error: can't build without PostgreSQL >libraries
>
>Now type 'make' to compile PoPy python module.
>root@fastclose:/opt/src/PoPy >

What am I missing? the libraries are in /opt/pgsql/lib,
the includes in /opt/pgsql/include, posgresql is in /opt/pgsql/bin. I've modified ld.so.conf and run ldconfig, I've also run
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/pgsql/lib
No luck.

Please give me a hand here. I've got ZPyGreSQLDA running, but I'm just failing with ZPoPyDA. I'm running a new install of Suse 6.4 Linux.

- Steve

Thanks.