[Zope] Problem with proxy role...

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh@idi.ntnu.no
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 16:43:18 +0200

Hi!

I'm trying to set up a site with user registration (similar to that on the
zope site), and have been using the JobBoard HOWTO as an example
of how to let anonymous users add objects. The code works just like
it should when I'm logged in as Manager, and I *have* set the proxy
role of the method that processes the form to Manager, but still, when
I try to use it anonymously, I get the message that I don't have access
to the user class... I've tried several implementations, but I don't
understand
the problem...

If the method is proxied as Manager, shouldn't it (and all
the methods it calls) have the rights of Manager? (I also tried adding
Owner, but that didn't help...) In that case - why doesn't it work, while
it *does* work for me when I'm logged in as Manager?

Can there be a standard problem hiding here? (Or, perhaps, it's
obvious?)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

--

  Magnus Lie Hetland      (magnus at hetland dot org)

 "Reality is what refuses to disappear when you stop
  believing in it"                 -- Philip K. Dick