[Zope] sybase - hmmm

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@mail.theinternet.com.au
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 15:29:19 +1000 (EST)

+----[ Dr. Ross Lazarus ]---------------------------------------------
| I know that zope runs on everything else, but how do we reconcile the
| DC/Sybase partnership announced late last year

[ snip... ]

| We're becoming a sybase/zope/linux dependent outfit; to whom should I
| email my concerns - or is it time to move to another SQL backend?

They picked the wrong free UNIX platform. Linux has a whole lot of
machines installed, but, not too many of them would be deployed in an
Enterprise environment, where people would be happy to pay money for
licenses.

An OS heavily promoted by one specific individual who doesn't really believe
in commercial software doesn't seem like the ultimate platform to aim
high-priced internet application software at.

I think you'll find that Sybase the DB will still be released for Linux,
just not their Internet Application Suite, which is a different kettle
of fish.

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|  P:+61 7 3870 0066   | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  F:+61 7 3870 4477   |