[Zope] Problem with proxy role...

Aleksander Salwa ololo@zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 08:11:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 6 Aug 2000, Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:

> I'm trying to set up a site with user registration (similar to that on the
> zope site), and have been using the JobBoard HOWTO as an example
> of how to let anonymous users add objects. The code works just like

This how-to was written before Zope 2.2.0 was released. 2.2.0 involved major
security policy changes.

> If the method is proxied as Manager, shouldn't it
> (and all the methods it calls) have the rights of Manager? (I also tried

  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not in 2.2.0. Now, AFAIK, you have to explicitly set proxy roles for each
method.

> Can there be a standard problem hiding here? (Or, perhaps, it's
> obvious?)

Try to set role 'Manager' for job board entry's constructor
(job_board_entry_add).

ololo@zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl

| `long long long' is too long for GCC |