[Zope] Accessing .gif on disk with Python Product?

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 12:45:02 -0400

From: Martijn Pieters <mj@digicool.com>
> I still think something else was broken, SiteAccess should (and does, as
far
> as I know) stay away from SCRIPT_NAME.

Yep.  Environment/CGI variables are left alone by the virtual hosting
machinery; only Zope-specific ones are altered.

An example of a virtual hosting setup which won't work with SCRIPT_NAME:
Apache on machine www.foo.com proxies requests for /Zope/* to machine
z.foo.com:8080.  In this case SCRIPT_NAME is blank, and the src of an image
on http://www.foo.com/Zope/page constructed with it would resolve to
http://www.foo.com/image.gif, rather than http://www.foo.com/Zope/image.gif.
This is not a contrived example -- people are doing this.

SCRIPT_NAME will work in simple cases, but BASE1 ought to work in all cases,
and using it is a better habit to have in general.

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool & 4-am