[Zope] Hardware minimum for development

Aleksander Salwa ololo@zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 18:56:02 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, Sven Hohage wrote:

> Hallo,
> what's the minimum of hardware to develop Zope-sites(only for
> development).
> I'd like to know because I want to buy a laptop and don't want to spend
> much money !
> Thanks.

Now I'm developping on PC with 48 MB RAM, and it's too little for me.
It's because I'm working on one machine - Zope, X-Window, Netscape with
few windows open, sometimes Apache and Gimp are running together.

I'm satisfied with my CPU - k6-2/300MHz is sufficient for me.

I'm going to buy some memory in few next days, I think additional 32MB
will be enough.

ololo@zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl

| `long long long' is too long for GCC |