[Zope] need some basic help

Jim Sanford jsanford@atinucleus.com
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 11:50:49 -0500

As superuser add a user and give him the manager role.

----- Original Message -----
From: Dan Huston <danh@research1.ed.asu.edu>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2000 11:09 AM
Subject: [Zope] need some basic help

Hello Folks,

So I downloaded Zope and installed it on my sun box and on my nt box.  I
can go to the manage page as the admin and it all looks like it installed
fine.

So I tried to create a folder but the superuser cannot own a folder it
says.  So I figure I can create a folder in the zope dir as one of the
users I have defined, but then how do I add objects to that folder?  The
only login that works at the manage page is the admin password.  Is there
a different page for users to go to that is similar to the manage page?  I
can believe that the admin would have to add all of the objects as that
would seem un-Zope-ish.  I have looked at a lot of docs but they were
either so basic as not to address hands on stuff (devshed) or advanced
enough that it was assumed that you could do this simple task.  Can
someone straighten me out?

Thanks,
Dan