[Zope] Using Zope as App Server for non http-Protocols

Philipp Auersperg zope@philosoft.at
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 23:30:43 +0200

--=====_96602944341=_

We want to (mis)use zope as an application server servicing a proprietary=
 non-http protocol
for transmitting compressed data.

Our idea is a specially written client that connects on a proprietary port=
 to zope where
a special product is listening and serving the request.

Our question:

How can I implement a product listening on a specific port and servicing=
 requests and sending back binary (in our case compressed) data.
But the product should of course be able to use the infrastructure of Zope=
 (ODB,External methods,ZSQL methods...)

Another question is how does the authentification work for such a non-http=
 connection.

Any hints?
Thanks in advance

Philipp Auersperg

--=====_96602944341=_

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 5.00.2920.0" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: x-small"
text=#000000>
<DIV>We want to (mis)use zope as an application server servicing a proprietary
non-http protocol </DIV>
<DIV>for transmitting compressed data.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Our idea is a specially written client that connects on a proprietary port
to zope where </DIV>
<DIV>a special product is listening and serving the request.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Our question:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>How can I implement a product listening on a specific port and servicing
requests and sending back binary (in our case compressed) data.</DIV>
<DIV>But the product should of course be able to use the infrastructure of Zope
(ODB,External methods,ZSQL methods...)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Another question is how does the authentification work for such a non-http
connection.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Any hints?</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks in advance</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Philipp Auersperg</DIV></BODY></HTML>

--=====_96602944341=_--