[Zope] zcatalog -- returning context of hits on fulltext

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt <geirh@funcom.com>
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 11:42:43 +0200

on Monday, August 14, 2000 Jean Jordaan wrote :
JJ> This works great, but returns only the
JJ> found objects and the cached properties specified in the
JJ> MetaDate Table.

JJ> Wouldn't it be great to be able to give just a line or two
JJ> of context from the full text, the way Google does? I have
JJ> a feeling I'm asking for pie in the sky, but if anyone has
JJ> a brilliant (or a functional) solution I'd be delighted.

make a pythonmethod that returns the first 200 letters or
something  of the text , and add a metadata field to your
catalog referencing this pythonmethod..

-- Should give you what you want..

:-)

--