[Zope] zcatalog -- returning context of hits on fulltext

Mon, 14 Aug 2000 13:39:08 +0100

On Mon, 14 Aug 2000 13:04:49 +0100, Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com>
wrote:

>Jean Jordaan wrote:
>> I've already got a pretty structured-text "Abstract" field
>> that tells about the document, but I'd like to *see* the
>> sentence on page 67 or wherever in a document where my
>> term matches, so I know whether it's mentioned in passing
>> or really important ..
>
>erk... that's a little harder :S
>
>I don't know if Catalog can do it, but at the very least you'd need a
>reference to your object to search the whole text, which means you loose
>the 'cool' metadata feature of not sucking a lot fo resource for search
>results.

If you really do have a 67 page document, it would be better to store
each page in its own ZODB object, and index each page individually.

With that scheme your search results page only has to load a few
pages, rather than a few documents.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com