[Zope] Seeking Zope Volunteers

Lyno Sullivan, Candidate lyno.sullivan@lynosullivan.org
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 10:29:04 -0500

Greetings,

My name is Lyno Sullivan and I am the endorsed Independence Party (see
www.eIndependence.org) candidate to the Minnesota State Senate from the
Stillwater area, District 56, which is in Washington County and spans
Stillwater Township south to Hastings and west to Mahtomedi and part of
Oakdale and Woodbury.

I have obtained the endorsement of Richard Stallman, a leader of the free
software community, for my position on free software.  Please see:

	http://www.lynosullivan.org/position/pos/964668700

If you visit lynosullivan.org and have a look around, you will get a feeling
for what the campaign teams are up to.  We are creating a product called
"Free Politics" ("free" as in "to free", "freedom" and "free software").  We
are using Red Hat Linux, Linux Router Project, Python, Zope, mySQL, Mailman,
etc.  Please see:

	http://www.lynosullivan.org/free/FreePolitics

We are in desperate need of volunteers to help with various Zope and Python
programming assignments.  All this work will become part of the Free
Politics software which is already on the radar screen of some of Governor
Ventura's advisors.  With you help I am hopeful Free Politics can put free
software squarely onto the Minnesota political scene.  Our work might even
draw national recognition and acclaim.  As a politician I seek media
attention. I intend to offer our campaign as a showcase of how affordable
technology can be applied to politics.  Once I am elected our campaign web
site will become the prototype of a new kind of representative democracy
where politicians seek guidance from "We the People" instead of PAC, special
interest and lobbyist groups.  Free Politics has the potential to be really
big but I need your help to make it happen.  If you can volunteer some time
(even a few hours per week), please go to lynosullivan.org and complete the
Volunteer form.

If you cannot volunteer your time but would like to help, please consider
making a $5 to $500 contribution to my campaign.  If you are a Minnesota
eligible voter you can receive a refund on the first $50 through the
Minnesota Political Contribution Refund program.  My campaign cannot accept
contributions from corporations, PACs or special interest organizations so
we rely on contributions from individuals like you.

Thank you for considering our request for help.

Sincerely,

	Lyno Sullivan

--
Lyno Sullivan
206 S. 5th. St.

Contributions: Campaign Fund of Lyno Sullivan
and mailed to the following address.  Prepared and paid for by the
Lyno Sullivan Volunteer Committee
P.O. Box 272
Stillwater, MN 55082
651-430-2815