[Zope] Adding new News items using Yihaw

Meaghan Aldridge meaghana@magtech.com.au
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 17:55:57 +1000

--------------52798AC1D436096DE49D64C1

I am a Zope Newbie, and have been creating a company Intranet using
Zope, and have stumbled across a problem that has me absolutely stumped!

I have created a basic Web Interface using the Yihaw Product, and in
this, I have added News Items.  To search this, I use ZCatalog, which
works quite well.

The aim of this is to have a message board that authorised users can add
and delete messages from.

So far, the only way that I have found to add messages, is to actually
add a new "Yihaw News" product from the Zope Management Interface.

What I want to happen is that I can have a link to a page that displays
a form with one field with the message to be displayed, and perhaps
another field with a brief title.  (The other fields, being the date and
the name of the person who posted the message, I will have
automatically, using the datetime function, and the authorised_user
function.)  This then generates itself into a Yihaw News item.

Does anyone know how I could achieve this, or perhaps a work around for
this?

Thanks,

Meaghan

--------------52798AC1D436096DE49D64C1