[Zope] Managing subobjects

Menard.Jean-Francois@hydro.qc.ca Menard.Jean-Francois@hydro.qc.ca
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 16:45:52 -0400

(I speak frech, sorry for my english!)
I created a ZClass, zRow.  This class can contain other ZClass: zField_Text,
zField_Date, etc.
This let me define the columns contained in a zRow.
I then defined a Class zTable, wich contains zRows.

Question:

	-  In my manage tabs, I needed a have a tab "Define columns".  Do
achieve this, I inserted a ZRow Instace (with id Definition) in my zTable
product definition, and a method called Define_Columns, containing:

<dtml-with Definition>
  <dtml-var manage_main>
</dtml-with>

	And I defined a view "Define Columns" pointing to that method.  When
i click on the "Define Columns", I can see the manage screen of the instance
"Definition", that's what I wantwd.

	But when Add a zField, the instance is create in the zTable level,
not IN Definition instance!  All the classes are Based on CatalogAware,
ObjectManager.

	Any ideas how to fix that?  Any sugestion how I could implement
this?

Jean-François Ménard
Intranet DPAS
Pratiques d'affaires et orientations
*        (514) 840-3000  poste 3939
*  (514) 840-5585
*  menard.jean-francois@hydro.qc.ca
*         855 Ste-Catherine est, 6e étage
              Montréal, Qué. H2L 4P5