[Zope] Simple acquisition (?) question

Jean Jordaan Jean@mosaicsoftware.com
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 12:44:47 +0200

Hi all

I have 'index_html (Welcome to the Mosaic Intranet)'
and 'standard_html_header' in '/' (the site root).

'standard_html_header' does the usual::

  <!--#var title_or_id-->

Maybe I shouldn't be, but I was somewhat surprised that this
renders the title of '/' instead of the title of 'index_html'.
("title" == "the title property of").

What further confuses me is that '/docs' has no title, and it
contains 'index_html (Document Warehouse)'. Now
'standard_html_header' renders '/docs/index_html's title.

If '/' has no title and '/index_html' does,
'standard_html_header' renders no title. This seems inconsistent.
Because there's acquisition stuff that escapes me, doubtless.
Anyone have 50c worth of enlightenment?

--
Jean Jordaan   --    technical writer    --
Mosaic Sofware --    Zope 2.1.6 on W2K