[Zope] unable to login with newly created user

Corey corey@axcelerant.com
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 02:28:07 -0700

And upon Thursday of August 17, the illustrious Martijn Pieters spake thusly...
> On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 01:58:04AM -0700, Corey wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> >   I'm new to Zope - extreme apologies if this question has already
> >   been answered, but I'm simply at wits end here...
<snip>
> >   I simply cannot for the life of me log in as non-superuser.

<snip>

> Make sure that the domains field is empty. It is a space seperated list of
> domains the user is admitted from, in either ip-number or ip-address
> format. '*' as a wildcard for nameparts is allowed. Example:
> '*.digicool.com 194.153.144.*'.

  OK, yeah - I did leave that field empty.. forgot to mention that
  in my post.

> Also, you don't need to set the Owner role. It is a special, magic role
> used as a Local Role on objects a user created.

  Will having the Owner role actually keep me from logging in as that
  user?  I can't seem to create a user *without* the Owner role
  anyhow... jeeze.

  Any other suggestions?  I appreciate the help - in the mean time,
  I'm gong to try installing version 2.1.6.

Beers,

Corey