[Zope] The date in Dutch

Diny van Gool dvg@vet.uu.nl
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 10:06:08 +0200

At 19:45 17-8-00 +0200, Michel Houben wrote:
>How can I fix the date in Dutch, for example Donderdag 17 Augustus 2000
>instead of Thursday 17 August 2000. I hope someone can solve this problem.
>
>Michel Houben.

Hi,

You can do this by using a python external method:

Example:

In your dtml-method where you display the date use:

<dtml-var "timetodutch(bobobase_modification_time)">

The timetodutch is the external python method where you create your date
layout. I wrote one (see below) to try if this is working because I'm new
to python. Zope isn't passing the bobobase_modication_time to the python
method and I don't know why. If I'm missing something here which is easy to
solve then you have your date to dutch translator.

Diny

def timetodutch(datetime):

    #When I test this python method with the variables all set it is working

    year = '2000'
    month = '08'
    Day = 'Friday'
    day = 18

    #Using the year = datetime.year() isn't working, and I don't know why
because I think it should.
    #Zope isn't passing the bobobase_modication_time to this python method.
    #When I try to display datetime then it's empty.

    #year = datetime.year()
    #month = datetime.mm()
    #Day = datetime.Day()
    #day = datetime.day()

    months = {"01" : "Januari",
              "02" : "Februari",
              "03" : "Maart",
              "04" : "April",
              "05" : "Mei",
              "06" : "Juni",
              "07" : "Juli",
              "08" : "Augustus",
              "09" : "September",
              "10" : "Oktober",
              "11" : "November",
              "12" : "December"}

    days = {"Monday" : "Maandag",
            "Tuesday" : "Dinsdag",
            "Wednesday" : "Woensdag",
            "Thursday" : "Donderdag",
            "Friday" : "Vrijdag",
            "Saturday" : "Zaterdag",
            "Sunday" : "Zondag"}

    month = months[month]
    Day = days[Day]

    s = "%s %s %s %s" % (Day, day, month, year)

    return s

DIVA, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Utrecht University,  The Netherlands
http://www.vet.uu.nl