[Zope] tree tag woes continue :S

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 17:22:54 +0100

Okay, my aim here is to effectively have batching with trees.

Why? well because a tree with over a thousand items at the root is
pretty hefty to download to a browser, not to mentioned pretty
antisocial to navigate and use.

My idea, as you may have seen from recent posts, was to do a dtml-in
over the first set of children so I could do the batching there, and
then do a dtml-tree for each one of them to get the tree as before.

Is this a good or a bad idea?
Is having lots of dtml-tree's on the same page acceptable or not?

okay, assuming it it a good idea, the tree to be replaced is:

  <dtml-tree branches="postingValues">
    ...show stuff here...
  </dtml-tree>

I'm currently trying:

  <dtml-in postingValues>
    <dtml-with "_.getitem('sequence-item',0)">
    <dtml-tree branches="postingValues">
      ...do stuff here...
    </dtml-tree>
    </dtml-with>
  </dtml-in>

but this appears to just render the original tree once for each child.

Any ideas how I should be doing this?

cheers,

Chris