[Zope] Newbie Question (Content Manager Tutorial)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 21:01:51 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Mark,

Mark A. Pappas writes:
 > I installed Zope 2.2.0 ....
 > I dloaded the Content Manager Guide ....
 > Zope Error
 > Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.
 >
 > Error Type: SuperCannotOwn
 > Error Value: Objects cannot be owned by the superuser
The Content Manager Guide still describes the world
before Zope 2.2.

For some reason (that I do not understand), DC descided
that, starting with Zope 2.2.0, the SuperUser is no
longer Super but instead rather limited. He cannot own objects
and therefore, he cannot create objects.

What you need to do:

  As SuperUser go to "acl_users".
  Create a new user with a role of "Manager".
  Close your browser (all windows!).
  Recontact Zope (in a fresh browser!) as your newly created
  Manager.
  Use this manager, whenever your guide speaks of "SuperUser".

Dieter