[Zope] Yihaw on 2.2.1b1, boolean properties

Wolfgang Strobl ws@mystrobl.de
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 08:52:51 +0200

On 22 Aug 00, at 22:15, R. David Murray wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Wolfgang Strobl wrote:
> > 9. Uncheck "Highlight" and push Save Changes.
> >
> > Result: The boolean Highlight property checkbox is still checked.
> > There is no way of making it unchecked, again.
>
> This *sounds* like the boolean property bug that appeared in 2.2 (I
> think) and was supposedly fixed in 2.2.1.

Well, I think I had the very same behaviour on 2.1.6. Anyway, I
tried it on an old 2.1.2 server which still awaits upgrading, and,
indeed, here those boolean properties work..

> By any chance does Yihaw use manage_changeProperties instead of
> manage_editProperties in its propertysheet edit method?

I already checked this, and no, it doesn't.

But I prefer pure Python and so don't claim knowing much about
Zclasses.

In

/Control_Panel / Products / YihawDirectory / YihawChannel /
propertysheets / methods / YihawBase / propertysheets /
methods / manage_baseproperties

it says

  <input type="submit" name="manage_editProperties:method"

for the boolean properties in question.

>That would
> lead to the observed behavior since unchecked boolean check
> boxes do not appear in REQUEST and thus are not affected by
> a manage_changeProperties call.

Sure. In seems to have a different cause in this case, though.

Any other ideas what to look out for? I think I'll just wait for 2.2.1
final to arrive  ...

Thanks!

--
Wolfgang Strobl