[Zope] compiling on windows

Wolfgang Strobl ws@gmd.de
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 15:47:36 +0200

On 23 Aug 2000, 14:21  Toby Dickenson wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Aug 2000 10:49:15 +0200, "Wolfgang Strobl" <ws@gmd.de>
> wrote:
>
> >Speaking about cvs: How do you people out there who run Zope on
> >Windows too, do install cvs versions of zope?  I do it simply by
> >using the latest installer (i.e. Zope-2.2.1b1-win32-x86.exe,
> >currently) for creating a local installation, and copy an actual cvs
> >checkout into the destination directory, afterwards, using the
> >robocopy.exe utility from the nt4 resource kit (it works great on
> >win2000, too).
> >
> >Is there perhaps a better way for installing a cvs checkout on
> >windows? It's obvious that none of the c modules get compiled, but
> >these seem to change rather rarely ...
>
> I cant think of a better way if you don't have the compiler to hand.

Well, actually I have. But there aren't any workspace and project
files (*.dsw and *.dsp). I guess the build environment for Windows
(most probably a somewhat modifie Python src dist) isn't part of
the cvs tree.

--
      o      (     Wolfgang.Strobl@gmd.de (+49 2241) 14-2394
     /\        *   GMD mbH                       #include