[Zope] Linux and ODBC

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 14:27:38 +0200

Hi Tony,

Tony Corrente wrote:

> Hello..
>
> I am currently using the openlink ODBC drivers to access Progress DB's
> on a HPUX System from A Linux Web Server using  Apache and PHP4. It
> Works...
> The rest of my site has been moved to Zope.  Everything I've read states
> that the Zope DA's for ODBC only run under the Win32... Is anyone
> working on this ?? or how do I do it from Linux ??  I don't want to
> install a N(asty)T(hing)  server if I can avoid it..

This is not really true. The ZmxODBC DA cames with full sources.
I was able to build most of it under linux.
You have to move part of the distribution into different places.
When I fully succeed ( I had plain mxODBC running already!)
I will make an how-to of it.

So please stay tuned ;)

Regards
Tino Wildenhain