[Zope] is <dtml-unless someIndirectVariable> possible ?

Didier Georgieff Didier Georgieff <dgieff@divinerites.com>
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 18:56:57 +0100

On 27 Aug 2000, at 11:49, Rik Hoekstra <rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl> (Rik Hoekstra) wrote:

> RH: Um, as you describe it, you mix up the name of the
> property and its value
> Try something like the following
> <dtml-unless "myPropName==SOMEREQ">
>     <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('myPropName', defaultvalue)">
> </dtml-unless>

> note that 1) this will only work if there is a myPropName and a defaultvalue
> variable in the namespace and 2) this won't change the value of the property

Well, i was not clear.

In
<dtml-unless SOMEREQ>
 <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('SOMEREQ','defaultvalue')">
</dtml-unless>
the problem is SOMEREQ is *hard* coded in the DTML document.

I need to have EXACTLY the same behaviour (checking if
SOMEREQ is in the REQUEST, and set it.

If i use a property (PropName) for putting the name of what i want
to check (SOMEREQ in my case), only the REQUEST.set works.

the <dtml-unless is checking for PropName in the REQUESt and
NOT *value* of PropName

So in your example, SOMEREQ is *still* hard coded. From what i
understood.

> (but that might be a matter of desciption).
Sorry, but as you already guess it, Zope is not my native language
and English either ;-<
So thanks for trying to understand MY english ;->

Didier.