[Zope] Running Zope 2.2.1 as NT service

Wolfgang Strobl ws@gmd.de
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 11:14:18 +0200

On 27 Aug 2000, 12:50  Alexander Chelnokov wrote:

> The option seems to be unavailable under W2000. 2.1.6 could be run
> that way without any trouble.

Could you please elaborate?

I just installed 2.2.1 final on my developement machine, under
win2000 prof us. The installer asked the usual questions, I
answered "run as service", added "-P 0" in the registry, and finally
started it by commanding "net start <name of my service"> in a
command window. Worked like a charm. Later I changed the
userid for this service from "System" to "Zope". After restarting the
service, it ran without trouble, too.

--
      o      (     Wolfgang.Strobl@gmd.de (+49 2241) 14-2394
     /\        *   GMD mbH                       #include