[Zope] How to Delete ZClass Instances programmatically??

Jean Jordaan Jean@mosaicsoftware.com
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:43:12 +0200

Hi Zopers

I've found the "How-To: Adding ZClass Instances Programmatically",
but now I'm looking for the *Deleting ZClass Instances* one!

I'm trying this as a beginning (hacked from the Zope management
interface)::

    <dtml-if "AUTHENTICATED_USER.has_role('ContentManager')">
      <form action="<dtml-var URL0>" method="post">
    </dtml-if>
  [...]
    <dtml-if "AUTHENTICATED_USER.has_role('ContentManager')">
      <input type="checkbox" name="ids:list" value="<dtml-var id>">
    </dtml-if>
  [...]
    <dtml-if "AUTHENTICATED_USER.has_role('ContentManager')">
      <input type="submit" name="manage_delObjects:method" value="Delete">
      </form>
    </dtml-if>

Problems:

 - it sends me to the management screen afterwards, and I'm
   calling it from the public interface.

 - I don't necessarily want to give the 'ContentManager' rights
   to delete objects; I'd rather manage this through a delete
   method with the appropriate proxy role.

Any advice or RTFM pointers?
--
Jean Jordaan       --    technical writer    --
Mosaic Software    --    Zope 2.1.6 on WinNT and W2K