[Zope] Question relating to a zope product 'Tracker': email problems

Julian Harris julian@edreams.com
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 11:50:04 +0200

Hi all

I'm having fun with Tracker (a Zope product) -- certainly it's looking to be
a very useful tool for us.

But I'm having a problem submitting issues. I get this error when trying to
submit an issue:

Error Type: SMTPSenderRefused
Error Value: (555, 'syntax error (#5.5.4)', 'julian@edreams.com')

We sniffed the header and it seems that the mail line below is the culprit:

mail FROM: <julian@edreams.com>

(what you can't see is that there's a rogue space after <julian@edreams.com>
which causes the syntax error on our server)

Tracker uses the smtp libraries in Zope. Anyone encountered this kind of
problem before? Any suggestions about how to fix this? Either in code, or
what I have to do to configure it differently...?

thanks so much in advance!

PS if I wanted to make a change to the source on my machine, do I have to
compile it? I see these PYC files everywhere but I thought Python was an
interpreted language? How would I make a change if I found that I had to
tweak the code a little?

--
Phone: +34-93-508-8550 or 667-914-832 if urgent