[Zope] Question relating to a zope product 'Tracker': email problems

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 19:06:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Julian Harris wrote:
> PS if I wanted to make a change to the source on my machine, do I have to
> compile it? I see these PYC files everywhere but I thought Python was an
> interpreted language? How would I make a change if I found that I had to
> tweak the code a little?

If the .py file changes, then the next time python rereads the file
(read: when you restart Zope) a new pyc file will be generated.  The
pyc is a 'pcode' sort of thing, essentially a preparsed version
of the source code providing a considerable load-time optimization
for python apps.

--RDM