[Zope] Logfile analyzer

Ian Bicking ianb@colorstudy.com
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 20:19:17 -0500

I've been making some log analysis code on my site, and have realized
that a lot of other analyzers aren't that great -- or, at least, that
it's nice to have the control that editting the actual code can give.
(for instance, I ignore all requests that come from my ISP, since I
don't need to know what my surfing habits are; I ignore all pages
that end in "manage.*"; etc.)

Anyway, I've been thinking of polishing and expanding what I've
written some, so it's suitable for public use (or at least use by
people who know Zope/Python fairly well).  But this requires work that
I probably wouldn't do for myself -- so I'm writing to see if there
are enough people who have interest in this to make it worth it.  [Or
if this already exists and I just haven't found it]

Cheers,
  Ian