[Zope] how to keep stuff out of undo

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 23:42:13 -0400

Oo.  That's bad.  There is no way to selectively make something
persistent but non-historying using FileStorage.

I would suggest possibly using dbmStorage (or its brother
BerkeleyStorage) to store this big data structure, as it does not
perform undo.

You might be successful using these storages in conjunction with the
"mountable storage" option, whereby you can "mount" additional storages
into your folder structure.  Perhaps use FileStorage for "normal"
operations but place the product's instances into the "mounted" section
of your site (backed by dbmStorage or BerkeleyStorage, where it won't be
historied).  I've never used mounted storages, so I can't explain how
it's done, but I'm sure other folks here can.

Mounted storages fall down with versions (do not use versions in
conjunction with mounted storages, it will do bad things to you).