[Zope] SSL and PGP

Philipp Auersperg zope@philosoft.at
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 11:44:56 +0200

Sounds interesting, I ve checked out M2Crypto
(downloaded it and checked the files but no install),
it patches Medusa and ZServer in order to handle HTTPS,
so Zope itself becomes a SSL enabled server without needing
a proxy or gateway.

But modifications to Zope's core
components such as Medusa seem risky to me as
long as Digital Creations don't integrate them into the
official release, because every update to a new Zope release
can become a horror trip when the SSL patches clash with
the new Zope version.

Are there any plans by DC to do something in that matter?

Philipp Auersperg (zwork)