[Zope] Z Database Connections - pass uid/pwd to RDB

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@mail.theinternet.com.au
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 21:54:08 +1000

+-------[ Philipp Auersperg ]----------------------
| When you create a Z database connection you must supply a fixed connection
| string with a fixed uid/pwd to open that connection.
|
| So every user that connects to Zope connects with the fixed uid/pwd to the relational database.
|
| Is there any way or workaround to dynamically pass the Zope uid/password to the relational database?
| This is important when user security is maintained by the database scheme.

When the user logs in, part of the login procedure can create their
connection for them (if it doesn't exist) or connect it. If they work in
their own area, they will acquire their database connection and all ZSQL
methods will use that connection first.

There are otherways, but, I don't really know enough about your setup to
suggest anything else.

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|  P:+61 7 3870 0066   | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  F:+61 7 3870 4477   |