[Zope] Graphics served randomly. Apache - pcgi cacheing problem

Felipe E. Barousse Boué fbarousse@piensa.com
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 10:32:40 -0500

--------------310E946218A251E1D429034D

Has anyone seen the following behavior:

I am using PCGI with Zope 2.1.6 and Apache 1.3.9. Everything works fine
except when reloading the same page, the graphics in it are not
"painted" by the client browser.

Checking on the apache logs, I found there is a 304, meaning the object
has not changed on the web server and therefore the client should be
using its local cached copy. On the Z2.log, for the same graphics
requests, there are no 304's but 200's meaning Zope DID serve the
graphic through pcgi. So, It  appears Apache is loosing the graphics
somewhere.

Nevertheless, the graphic is never rendered.  Weirdly this happens on IE
5.0, Netscape 4.75 and StarOffice 5.2. All browsers do have at least 5
MB of disk cache and 3 MB of memory cache. This confirms the problem
lies on Apache itself. Am I right?

This happens in a random fashion. I have not been able to establish some
pattern.

The text on the pages gets rendered fine.

Any ideas on how to solve this issue will be greatly appreciated,
Best regards.

Felipe Barousse

--------------310E946218A251E1D429034D

begin:vcard
n:Barousse Boué;Felipe E.
tel;fax:+(52) 5247-0272
tel;work:+(52) 5247-0272
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.piensa.com/
org:Bufete Consultor de México (BCM);Piensa Systems
version:2.1
email;internet:fbarousse@piensa.com
title:Director General
adr;quoted-printable:;;Mailing address:=0D=0AAp. Cap. Polanco 336=0D=0ACol. Anzures;Mexico City;D.F.;11550;Mexico
note;quoted-printable:Supercomputer clusters systems group=0D=0ATel./ Fax. +(52) 5247-0272
x-mozilla-cpt:;-30560
fn:Felipe E. Barousse Boué
end:vcard

--------------310E946218A251E1D429034D--