[Zope] Apache: mod_perl, mod_rewrite, prefix

Hung Jung Lu hungjunglu@hotmail.com
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 14:19:22 PDT

>(1) I have mod_rewrite statically
>(2) I have mod_perl statically
>(3) prefix is /usr/mydir

Okie, I figured it out. So I'll reply to myself. :) By the way, I am on
Linux platform.

So the appropriate commands are

(1) Download latest apache and mod_perl. Unzip and untar them.
(2) Place the untarred mod_perl-1.24 into your apache_1.3.12 folder.
(3) cd into the mod_perl-1.24 folder.
(4) perl Makefile.PL \
    USE_APACI=1 \
    APACI_ARGS='--enable-module=rewrite' \
    APACHE_PREFIX=/usr/mydir
(5) make
(6) make install (this will install the the httpd executable but not
override the existing httpd.conf file. If you want to play safe, make a
backup of the httpd executable before installing the new one.)

C'est tout!

Hung Jung