[Zope] GUF and manage_addGenericUserFolder not working

Jason Byron jason_zope@yahoo.com
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 16:18:13 -0700 (PDT)

--- Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com> wrote:
> Jason Byron wrote:
> > I try to call the function
> manage_addGenericUserFolder
> > in a DTML Method but I keep getting a NameError
> for
> > it. It's as if Zope can't find the definition.
>
> Try somethign like the following:
>
> <dtml-with "manage_addProduct['GenericUserFolder']">
>  <dtml-call "manage_addGenericUserFolder(your,
> params, here)">
> </dtml-with>
>
> cheers,
>
> Chris

Hey, that worked! Thanks Chris

Now, *why* does that work?  The function
manage_addProduct looks like its for adding new
products under the Control_Panel.  That isn't what
it's for?

I don't have to do
<dtml-with "manage_addProduct['OFSP']">
to use manage_addUserFolder ?

I noticed this in the OFSP stuff.

from :lib/python/Products/OFSP/__init__.py
line :153

    context.registerClass(
        AccessControl.User.UserFolder,

constructors=(AccessControl.User.manage_addUserFolder,),
        icon='images/UserFolder_icon.gif',

legacy=(AccessControl.User.manage_addUserFolder,),
        )

context.registerBaseClass(AccessControl.User.UserFolder,
'User Folder')
    context.registerBaseClass(AccessControl.User.User)

Could adding something like this to the GUF fix the
problem I had and let manage_addGenericUserFolder work
by itself?

Jason