[Zope] <dtml-with "manage_addProduct[_something_]">

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:44:45 +0100

Jason Byron wrote:
> Now, *why* does that work?  The function
> manage_addProduct looks like its for adding new
> products under the Control_Panel.  That isn't what
> it's for?

Nope, that dtml-with pops the namespace of the product you want to add
onto the stack.
In essence, it gives you access to the methods of that product where
they wouldn't normally be accessible...

> I don't have to do
> <dtml-with "manage_addProduct['OFSP']">
> to use manage_addUserFolder ?

That's 'cos someone thought it'd be a good idea to make a shortcut,
ignoring the fact that it'd confuse the hell out of us mere mortals ;-)

> Could adding something like this to the GUF fix the
> problem I had and let manage_addGenericUserFolder work
> by itself?

That would Be Bad (tm)

cheers,

Chris