[Zope] ChatRoom

Aleksander Salwa ololo@zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 14:29:35 +0200 (CEST)

Not Zope specific, but may be important for many web-masters...

Some days ago I was told to make a chatroom in our site.
I took a look at some products, but no one has satisfied me yet.
If anybody knows about _good_ chatroom, please let me know !

Where _good_ means:
   + highly customizable view of the chatroom
   + non-flickering refresh (I used jzChat from www.javazoom.net, but it
     uses JavaScript on client side, so refresh is flickering)

So, it should be Java applet on client side.
It can be almost anything on server side - Java servlet, Java
stand-alone application, native binary program, standard IRC server, CGI
script, Zope Product, etc...

I don't need many channels at one time.

If you have seen (almost) ready-to-use chatroom solution, your help is
greatly appreciated ! :)

ololo@zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl

| `long long long' is too long for GCC |