[Zope] Slow zope.org?

ethan mindlace fremen mindlace@digicool.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:16:24 -0400

Erik Enge wrote:

> [J. Atwood]
>
> | Umm.. what makes you say it is slow? It popped up just as fast as
> | Microsoft.com and Apple.com this morning (with each page after even
> | faster).
>
> It _was_ slow.

The main problem is that *nothing* on zope.org is cacheable.  Therefore,
any intermittent slowdown between you & codeit is going to hurt.

Short term, we will soon have a mirror of zope.org, which should reduce
the possibility of slowdown.

At some point in the future, there'll be more fine-grained caching
availiable, at which time all the pages that can be cached will be,
which should speed up Zope.org's percieved performance.

> | Might be your connection. Certainly not slow from here (NYC, DSL)
>
> No.  I check a zillion other sites; they were fast and responsive.
>
> The Zope.org site is back up again now.  At one point, just before it
> came back to life, it reported a Proxy error.

Zope fell over and died due to a database error.  We're beginning to
suspect that there may be hardware issues.  We'll keep this list (or
zope-web) posted on the details.

--
ethan mindlace fremen
Zopatista Community Liason