[Zope] Newbie SQL problem: Query Error: Cannot render query template

Philipp Auersperg zope@philosoft.at
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 17:13:48 +0200

When starting Zope as a service under Win NT always make sure that
the ODBC data sources you use are *system* data sources and not *user* data sources.

This could explain why your ODBC connections work when you start Zope from the console and
don't work when starting it as service.

Anyhow:
	Zope 2.1.6 is not the best for SQL (problems with recordsets show up when used in <dtml-tree>)
	Zope 2.2.0 has problems with ZODBC under Windows 2000 (Authorisation dialogs pop up).

My hint:
	Use 2.1.4 or 2.2.1 (does it fine with SQL under Linux and Windows )

phil